The membership year runs July 1 to June 30 annually. Dues are as follows, depending on the year you were admitted to your first state bar – not necessarily Georgia:
- - Admitted to your first bar after July 2 of the current membership year – i.e., practicing five years or less: $175
- - Admitted to your first bar before July 1 of the current membership year – i.e., practicing six years or more: $250
- - Members 65 years and older with 10 years of GDLA membership - $175
DRI or MBLC: FREE 1-YEAR MEMBERSHIPS
If you are a member of DRI, meet the eligibility requirements for GDLA membership, and have not been a GDLA member within the past five years, your dues will be waived for the first year of GDLA membership. Just check the corresponding box on the application form.
Below is the dues schedule, including prorated amounts depending on the time your application is submitted. Please consult the schedule below to determine the amount owed when making your application. All applicants owe dues when submitting their applications.
- - Postmarked or e-signed July to September − Full dues
- - Postmarked or e-signed October to December – Three-quarter dues
- - Postmarked or e-signed January to March − Half dues
- - Postmarked or e-signed April to June – One-quarter dues
See the dues fee schedule above to compute the amount owed -- whether full, three-quarter or half dues depending on timing of your application. See the note about regarding complimentary year memberships for qualifying DRI or MBLC members.
Once you complete your online application, you will either 1) print, sign and mail with a check payable to GDLA to GDLA, Post Office Box 67, ROSSVILLE, GA 30741 or 2) e-sign it and pay via credit card using the PayPal link. Upon approval for membership, you will be notified.